The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Monday, May 18, 2015

Week # 50

So many feelings this week. To start I gained 6.6 pounds. YUP. There it is. I should be upset, but I'm really not. I know travel makes me gain weight. Particularly flying. For example: Came home from Vegas in January and had gained almost 10 pounds. The next week I lost 14. Soooo even though I didn't have a perfect week (I had way too much sodium, not enough veggies and way too much fresh fruit) I really think I made good choices for not being able to decide where we were eating every night. I walked my toosh off, and on Sunday I probably got close to 20k steps.

So I'm looking at the positive. Last year when I did this trip I couldn't walk 50 feet without stopping or feeling uncomfortable. I ate everything in front of me and I cried at night because my feet hurt. THIS time I killed it. I walked everywhere, and I even went to the gym (Planet Fitness is everywhere!) on Saturday night! I was introduced to Chicago style deep dish pizza and I had a SINGLE slice, and a salad with dressing on the side. I had beef and broccoli and tossed the rice. and I had breakfast for dinner one night. I did good guys, and so no, I'm not going to let this bother me!

I also lost my wallet on Sunday night, and was stressed as all get out, but still made good choices at home after realizing it.

Monday started with gaining weight and ended with me getting 17 activity points on my new Fitbit Charge Hr. Is that even possible? Maybe because it reads heart rate it tracks intensity better than the flex?

I don't know, and I don't eat my activity points, but I would be interested in finding out how accurate that is. I like losing weight fast like everyone else but if I am really shorting myself that many extra calories/points then maybe I should pay attention.

Storming here so I am going to finish this in case the power goes out. STAY POSITIVE. This is life, and the are no straight lines to anything worth having. Goal weights are not the end, and so we should be realistic and real with ourselves and our expectations. Be kind to yourself, don't berate yourself over the numbers on a scale. Don't deprive yourself either. Keep doing what you're doing and I promise...the scale will pay up.

See you next week!

No comments: