The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Week # 48

*I am calling this week # 48 because I am in the 48th week of Weight Watchers meetings for this go around.

 In past attempts at losing weight weekend meetings and group outings always disrupted a good streak. I wouldn't plan well enough, and then I would look at a menu and pass up the best things for me and go right for what I knew I would eat too much of. It was a serious weakness.

This past weekend I did much better. At the corporate meeting I had sushi, and seaweed salad as a side. I was really proud of my choices. After the meeting though we all went to this place called Honey Pig. Their food is really good, and really plentiful and generally when we eat in a group like that it isn't terribly expensive. I did't want to go, honestly because I eat way too much and the food can become very hard to count pretty quickly because of how it is served. I DID go because a) This is my life and adapting to this for the rest of my life is important. This is forever. I am not going to get there by avoiding social situations that involve food. b) I have been saying no a lot lately because we are saving money for Disney World next year. I made some negotiations with myself before I went. No rice. I'm not low carb but I do try and be careful about how many (white, simple carbs) I eat and I figured I'd rather have the meat. I also told myself that I was going to stop when I was satisfied.

It worked! I ate just enough, I didn't miss the rice, and I got to have a few pieces of candy later that day when we went to see The Avengers. It was a great day. 

Today was my weigh in day and I lost 4 pounds putting me at 141.6 lost total since June 2nd 2014.

My goal for Disney (Mid May 2016) is to weigh 240 or less. That is 78 lbs in a year, 1.5 lbs a week.

I think actually that I am going to start a challenge over on the Weight Watchers site for this to help motivate me. I can do this, and guys...so can you. It's so hard and it isn't just physical. It's emotional and psychological. I have conversations with myself constantly about what I want. What do I want more? Is this food worthy of me? 

I am worth every step of this journey. Positive self talk is something I did not have in my tool chest last time. I have it now, and it is very valuable.

Okay going to run now, I have blended mango and other ingredients chilling in my fridge to make mango sorbet tonight. Good night!

2 comments:

Greg Robertson said...

It's good to see ya back to it! The I'm in an errily similar boat.

Keep it up, im rooting for ya.

Scarlet Simple said...

Thanks!

I'll be rooting for you too. This is possible. I believe that. We're going to do it.