The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Week # 54

Another traveling (for work) weekend has passed! I gained 4.6 pounds, all of which will hopefully be gone next week. I'm really frustrated with traveling right now because I get a lot of push back from people about food. I spend a lot of time feeling like people are mad at me about the food I don't want to eat, or the fact that I count everything. I end up feeling apologetic for not wanting to eat pizza or crap all weekend. That is on TOP of the fact that my schedule is screwed while traveling. I get up at 12 noon normally. We are late people, my husband gets off sometimes as late as 11:30/12 midnight and we go to bed at 4am. When I travel I get up at 7am and I go to bed between 1 and 3am. So the hours in which I might be hungry grow, and so does my activity.  I have never actually gained anything but water weight from traveling but it still makes me nervous while I wait for the next weigh in. 

So if you can't tell, I am extremely frustrated with traveling and I almost threw in the towel and quit the traveling team this past weekend. I am frustrated with how often I am away from home, and how much I neglect things that I actually want to do, and I am frustrated about how food is handled. I have fun on these trips, but I feel like they don't really fit into my life very well anymore.

SO, GOOD NEWS NOW.

This past week I also went to a Florence + the Machine concert and it was amazing. Two years ago I went to a concert at the same venue and I had trouble standing the whole time. This time, I stood, danced, sang, jumped, and absolutely rocked it. I did not sit down once the music began!

Me at Florence two years ago:
Me at Florence this year:

I had an amazing time y'all.

And more good news. I went to the dance at the convention we were visiting on Saturday night (really Sunday morning) and I actually danced for 3 hours straight. It was amazing, and I was so tired, but I was actually able to walk the next day which would NEVER have been true in the past. I wore a cute pink dress and in 3 hours I made 15,338 steps. I broke 20k for the day on Sunday. I'm really proud of that.

So that is my week. Sorry the post is a day late, I actually forgot. I have had so much on my mind, including a doctors appointment with a new doctor in the morning, Wish me luck!

See you next week!

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Ugh! I hate dealing with people that always question why you're not eating what they're eating. Regardless of whether we're losing weight or not, why can't they believe that maybe we're just not in the mood for that food? I had to deal with that at work for the longest (I work with a friend who runs a day care in her home and loves to cook rich, fattening Puerto Rican foods) and then I started to make yummy noises whenever I ate my homemade lunch. It made my friend think twice about offering me her fried fatty foods because I wasn't eating my food like it was "diet food" and at times it made her eat something similar to what I was eating because my meal looked so good.