The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Monday, June 22, 2015

Week #55

Down 7.6! I lost the 4.6 pound water weight gain from last week! I am now down 157.2 pounds.

Buuut I have a bit of a curve ball. My new doctor, who I love, wants me to start trying to get pregnant now, as opposed to waiting until I get to goal, or get under 250 lbs. I think she is worried about my age, as I just turned 32, and I have PCOS. Backstory: We tried to get pregnant naturally 6ish years ago with no success, and I gave up to try losing weight in the hopes that that would help me conceive. I am succeeding this time, finally, and stopping worries me. I don't want to lose my momentum, but I also don't want to lose my chance to have kids... So I made an appointment with my gyn, who specializes in PCOS and I am going to talk to her about it. I want to know if waiting one more year will actually be an issue. I don't know if I can make it to goal in a year, it isn't likely, but I wonder if I could get under 250? I also don't want to be high risk.

I'm not letting this slow me down, though it's all I can think about. I am going to keep going until I have to stop or slow down.

I had a date with my husband tonight and he took me to a really nice Indian restaurant. I think I did pretty well, but I definitely used some weeklies. Indian is so hard to count. I might have over counted too...but then the restaurant owner gave me free wine.

SO, tomorrow I am going to work out, and Wednesday, Thursday and Friday too lol. Meh, what is life without fun?

OHHH and GUYS, I am super close to being UNDER 300 pounds for the first time in my adult memory. I don't think I have been under 300 since before I was a teenager. I am hoping I can hold it together and get those last couple of pounds off in the next two weeks.

Hope you're all having a good week!

4 comments:

Mrs. O said...

WOW! Nice loss!! I was going to mention how close you are to leaving the 300s. Yay!! It feels so good when you get to that point! For me, getting that close helped me really track and stay focused because I wanted to see the 200s so badly.

Regardless of what your GYN suggests you do (lose more weight first or try to get pregnant now) at least you have one positive thing going for you: you've learned to eat healthier which will continue to benefit you and will be a great benefit during your future pregnancy.

Jamie said...

I am so inspired by you! I happened across your blog a couple of years ago and would check back from time to time to see if you were blogging again. I was so happy to see that you were back at it recently. I have about 200 pounds to lose and reading about your success helps me to have more faith in myself that I can accomplish this very difficult task as well. SO, thanks for sharing here. You should be soooo proud of yourself!!

Jamie

Scarlet Simple said...

I do feel really focused right now. Like I *need* to see the 200's.

I think it will benefit me too, and I'm hoping that she sees the work I've been doing and how badly I want this, all of this. The last time I saw her (before I started letting my primary do my paps) I had lost 80 lbs, but then I gained it back plus more.

I'm nervous!

Scarlet Simple said...

I was ashamed to come back here for a while. It hurts so much to lose and do well and then fall off and fall further than the first time you started. I debated it for a while. I had so much of my heart invested here.

I felt like I had something to say though, and that even if one person read this and found it inspiration to start their own journey again after giving up or for the first time, then I should be writing this blog. So thank you. It makes me feel good!

You can do anything, I promise you. Weight is not insurmountable. It's hard and it doesn't get easier and I sometimes I'm so tired of being vigilant constantly...but it's worth it. I feel better, I'm healthier and I'm closer to my goals than I've ever been before.

Thank you!