The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 148

I had my first diet parade nightmare last night. It's strange that I am having it now, so many weeks into this... In the dream (I'm so bad at remembering them) I was being chased by something bad (thus the running, it was probably asparagus...) and all of the sudden out of nowhere there was a desk and a scale. The normal WW receptionist was behind the desk, and the meeting leader was off to the side. Somehow, I knew I had to get on the scale and when I did I showed a gain. Then I was so devastated and they were yelling at me. It was pretty terrible. Don't worry though, when I woke up I found myself more amused than horrified honestly. It helps that I know that I could gain 20lbs and my meeting leader and the receptionist would never yell at me. They are great people.

It also helps that I made it to the gym again today! I did another 60 minutes (2.66 miles) on the treadmill and my full circuit. Now for your daily dose of "duh": When I enter my work out into the fitness computer there is a screen where you enter the intensity of your work out. Then it gives you calories burned. I have always entered "2" because on the treadmill I am still in the 2's as far as miles per hour go. Today I was enlightened to the fact that I am doing it wrong. It isn't about the treadmill setting, its about perceived exertion. According to that scale and the results of the computer today I have been shorting myself anywhere from 150 to 350 calories burned per day! Eek.

I am going to be running to bed early again tonight. I do not know why I am so tired so early these days, but I am. Last night I finally for the first time in weeks slept for 7 1/2 hours straight without waking. It felt awesome. I am aiming for that again tonight.

Today:
1 arnold sand thin: 1
1 serving pulled buffalo chicken: 5
1 serving spinach: 0
2 servings green beans: 0
1 serving light margarine: 1
1 can soup: 3
1 serving cheese: 2
1 oz crackers: 2
1 cup bran flakes: 2
1/2 cup milk: 1
1/4 cup dried cherries: 2
1 arnold sand thin: 1
1/2 serving nutella: 2
1 serving jam: 1
1 serving meat loaf: 8
1 cup mashed potatoes: 4
1 slice cheese: 1
1/20 cup steamed peas: 1
1 serving bbq sauce: 1
38/42

Is anyone else living in the area that is going to be affected by this monster snow storm coming on the weekend?

1 comment:

Retta said...

Getting good sleep will no doubt help with the rate of weight loss... so good job getting the sleep in.

Speaking of sleep, good night, I'm off to be right now!
Loretta
=^..^=