The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 169

I was even more productive today! I actually really am (I know I keep saying this too!) feeling better.

At the gym today I did an hour on the treadmill and I did do some strength training, but a lighter session for me with decreased reps for today. I think its a strong showing and I feel like I have enough confidence to get back in there again tomorrow.

Bad news though! There is supposed to be more snow coming to Baltimore in the next two days. This actually unnerves me. I get caught up in my house and can't go anywhere. With nothing to do I get discouraged and old habits start creeping in. Recently I discovered that I was in fact an emotional eater despite previously believing that I wasn't, but first and foremost I eat when I am bored. So I need some positive solutions for this. There are plenty of exercise videos on demand, and today went well after creating a to do list. Like I said today was productive. Mentally I need to be looking for something physical to do as opposed to eating. Maybe it wont snow?

I should say that my over all goal in the above paragraph and life itself is to replace my bad habits (like eating when bored) with good habits or more positive responses. This I think is pretty pivotal to the process and my inevitable success. Yes, I said inevitable. See? I'm with it!

Today:
1 plain chick fil a grilled chicken sandwich: 6
1 serving fat free honey mustard: 1
1 fruit cup: 2
1 whole wheat bagel: 3
1 serving chicken salad: 3
1 serving spinach: 0
1 serving pickles: 0
1 large serving carrots: 0
1/2 cup roasted butternut squash: 3
1 cup cereal: 2
1/2 cup skim milk: 1
1 serving lemon chicken and artichokes: 7
1/2 cup rice: 2
3 asparagus spears (I hate asparagus.): 0
3 slices of orange and 1/2 cup grapes: 1
1 arnolds sandwich thin: 1
the last of the chicken salad about 3/4ths of a serving: 2
1 serving pickles: 0
1 serving crackers: 2
1 hot chocolate with heart shaped marshmallows: 6
42/42

1 comment:

Retta said...

You know, since it most likely will snow, you might go ahead and make a Fun List.

Make a list of plenty of things to do... have ALL the supplies on hand you might need, and then you are like the Boy Scout... prepared.

And you get to choose from your Fun List. And since there are lots of ideas on it, you will be sure to find something that you are in the mood for. :-)
Oh, and if any of them are goofy fun, be sure to take pictures for us to see! LOL!

Loretta
=^..^=