The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 300, 301

Sorry about the lack of an update last night guys. The monthly slasher is here, and hitting me pretty hard. I'm sore and tired and I feel...moist...which makes me feel like I need to shower every hour or so. It also gives me some awful cravings sometimes, but I wonder if that isn't just because I'm sort of housebound for quite a bit of my (heavier) periods and I get bored. My plan to combat these things is to keep myself really busy with keeping up my housework and working on getting up to a jog this week at the park. Hopefully by Thursday I'll be able to go to the gym and get my strength training done. Do you think its too high of a goal to want to be able to jog at this point?

In any case I know I need to be celebrating Day 300 but I want to wait and celebrate getting under 300lbs some day soon! I feel like my eating has been out of control since Saturday at the cook out, but thankfully I have a new challenge and some new goals to help keep me on track and motivate me!



My goals for the challenge (it's only a 4 week challenge so I am really going to try and rev it up, too bad it begins on a slasher week!) are:

1. To eat on plan every day from now on, including 7-9 servings of fruits and vegetables every day. I have been struggling with that and it has been holding me back.

2. Exercise at least 5 days a week, at the gym or at home. I've been getting better at this but I think its important to keep this goal in mind.

3. Wake up and get up with my husband. Do not sleep in every day.

4. Get my housework done every day (including be up on my laundry) so that that particular stress doesn't keep me from the gym.

5. Track my food more diligently so that I'm not stuck trying to remember what I ate at night. This continues to be an issue for me.

Today:
2 ww lf waffles: 2
1 serving syrup: 2
1 banana: 2
1 yogurt: 2
1 serving cheddar rice crisps: 2
1 can soup: 3
1/2 serving cheese: 1
1 serving reg doritos: 6
1/2 cup rice: 2
1/2 cup peas: 1
1 serving curry: 5
extra (later) serving dinner: 8
1 serving light ice cream: 3
38/38 + 1/35

Also, I didn't skip Sunday weigh in, there just wasn't one and I am trying not to compulsively weigh myself!

I need strength to stick to my convictions right now. I can't look for that outside of myself.

4 comments:

Miz said...

love the last sentence as it is INDEED the key to your rocking your next four weeks.

all we really and TRULY need is within us when we are STILL enough to listen.

xo xo

Unknown said...

I also love the last line of your post! I have some of the same goals that you do, it is hard to journal everyday but that is my goal as well! I am also going to try like you do and post my points in a blog so that I can go back to reference them when I need to!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

:D Wow. Your goals are quite similar to mine. Makes me feel like I have a "comrad in arms"!

If you check my post, as of this minute, your comment is not there. I don't know why. Several are missing!

Fortunately, I have my post comments go to my email--and they made it there! Whew! So I got to read them--but no one else can right now. :(

Hopefully, the problem gets fixed soon.

I also hope you get to feeling better! Re: the jogging--I don't know. You're probably the best judge of your own body--but I'm a little concerned about your knees. You have young knees, of course, :) but when one jogs the force on your knees is several times that of your weight. (I forget how many times.)

Go easy.

Deb

Retta said...

Great set of goals! I had to crack up over the last one... I keep kicking myself for not writing my food down right then, and then scrambling to accurately remember it later. Didn't dawn on me to make it a goal... good one!

Loretta
=^..^=