The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Day 251, 252, 253

I lost two lbs this week bringing my total loss so far to 88.8 lbs!

This weekend someone very close to me received some life changing (in a good way) news, and I have been a touch preoccupied since then. Plus my cat is very sick (the one who tried to kill my laptop), and I'm a bit depressed about that. Actually this week so far, with the exception of the weight loss and the fact that my husband took a few days off to be with me, has sucked. I feel a little withdrawn. I'm working on it though.

I was supposed to start a zumba class tonight with some friends but I didn't get home from the vet until it was too late. Oh well though, I will get to go as classes go on pretty constantly, and its really great because it is pay as you go and only 5 bucks per class!

Spring Challenge Check In!

My goals are:
1. Exercise 1 hour a day 5 days a week for 13 weeks.
2. Eat the WW recommended servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
3. Go to as many WW meetings as I possibly can.
4. Check in on Mondays.
5. Get a bike. Finally.

1. I am getting back to it! I went to the gym twice despite this being a slasher week.
2. I again am getting better but I'm still a work in progress.
3. I went to my meeting!
4. Totally checking in right now! (late sorry!)
5. 8 (?) weeks from now...

Now something I like about myself. I like that I am still growing up. I like that sometimes it occurs to me that something I've just done or said or thought is more adult than I expected. It's nice to surprise yourself because honestly? I'm 27, and I still feel 23, or even 18. There are vast differences in experience and lifestyle but I'm still me. The adult moments are nice though. They even consist of making good choices in food and exercise, as the 18 year old me would have quit and gone for chinese months ago. This past weekend I let my self be tested sorely, and while I gave a little, I didn't give up. Life goes on, and I'm growing to go with it.

My husband and I have done some talking too and we both think we are way too lax on Sundays after weigh in. We are letting too much go, and it is stressing me out. So we are both recommitting to the quest, which really just consists of tightening our reigns...

7 comments:

cattywampus said...

What is wrong with your kitteh? :(

I like your check-ins and am glad you're doing so well. I wish I could be doing so well!

Retta said...

That is so helpful and encouraging that your husband is working at this with you! That's a good way to describe it... tightening up the reigns. That's what I'm doing now, too... it's so easy to let it loosen, and not notice!

Loretta
=^..^=

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 88 pounds! Focus on the +++!!!

Mr.s Gokey said...

I know what you mean about feeling grown up. I am 26 and have two kids, but sometimes I feel like I'm still living at home with my parents! Whenever I make a good parenting choice I always call my mom first to tell her. Like I'm gonna get a gold star or something. LOL

financecupcake said...

Haha, you crack me up with your use of the term 'slasher'!!!!!!!

Holy cannoli, you are thisclose to 90 pounds! WOW!

The zumba class sounds fun. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

I'm sorry your week has been sucky. You should spend more time in front of the mirror admiring your shrinking self! :)

Lindsay said...

You go girl!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Kim said...

I found your blog from Chris' post. I have PCOS and a lot of weight to lose....and I'm also looking into starting zumba. Let me know how it goes! I'm a little nervous about it. lol