The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 24

So let me start out with the part that is awesome and pertinent to this blog: I went to the gym today, and I ate within my points! Food was little hard for me today. For some reason I just didn't want the good things, but I ate them anyway and had a fabulous dinner. I made Sour Beef and Dumplings (which I had never had before) and served them with mashed potatoes. This was a higher point meal than normal, but I left room for it (I planned ahead!) and it was nice to try something new. The gym was good too. I skipped weights because of soreness but still did my 30 minutes on the arc trainer.

Someday, I really want to run. I know that is so far away but I can't help but think about it. Even the thought of the act feels freeing to me. I know my friends don't feel that way, but I do! I run a little on the arc trainer (easy on the knees) but only for a minute or two at a time, and before I lost my way on this journey last time I had just made it to jogging at intervals without a cardio machine. It wasn't much, but I would like to get there again.

My cat is doing better, she has eaten more today than she has in weeks, and she was begging for my food at dinner. On the downside though, my older rat Tink died last night. When it rains, it pours. She was at or over the top of a normal rat lifespan, but I still cant help but miss her little face every time I pass the tank her and Wendy lived in. If you guys haven't guessed by now, I love animals.

Anyway, good night!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Running is amazing - definitely changed my life. I started out, though, barely able to walk. I was doing about a 25 minute mile! But I was still out there, moving. Something that might be fun before you feel ready to run is walking a race. I walked a few races and felt so inspired by all the runners - it make me work even harder to get to a point where I could run, too!