The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 208, 209, 210

Easter weekend was a lot of fun, and busy. Sorry for the two missing posts! A recap of the weekend:

The bachelorette party was fun, but not really my thing. The food was pretty easy to calculate, but not really good enough to tempt me to the line.

Easter is a different story though. I was given a basket, the majority of which I have already packed up in baggies to go to neighborhood children, but some of which I ate...on Sunday. I want very badly to dwell in the copious amount of stupid that decision stirred up but that doesn't get me anywhere, and I end up in a downward spiral. Still learning? Oh yes! I have to give myself a little positive here though. A year ago I'd have devoured that whole basket in a less than two days. I didn't do enough damage to go over my weekly points and if I did, I had a whopping 30+ exercise points waiting in the wings. I know I don't talk about exercise points, but that is only because I never ever use them. Its only Monday and I already have 11 from today for the week. I guess I'm not against using them if I need to, but I don't want to need to if you know what I mean.

My food for Saturday and Sunday was not great, but I managed to get in most of my veggies on Saturday, Sunday I'm not so sure of.

Spring Challenge Check in!

My goals are:
1. Exercise 1 hour a day 5 days a week for 13 weeks.
2. Eat the WW recommended servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
3. Go to as many WW meetings as I possibly can.
4. Check in on Mondays.
5. Get a bike. Finally.

1. This week was much better than last week. I did 4 out of the 5 days required, but I also stepped my workout back up.
2. Same as above, I'm actually surprised at how well I did with that part. Except Sunday I was pretty right on ever day. I was 2 servings short on Saturday. I am finding that counting the servings of veggies leads me to eat more of them to make sure I get to the total needed for the challenge. It has been motivating!
3. There was no meeting, as I said before, my meetings are on Sunday and that was Easter.
4. Totally checking in right now!
5. 12 weeks from now...

Now something I like about myself. I think that this part is actually going to be one of the hardest of the challenge. I am getting off to what feels like a pretty rocky start here. I stumbled hard a couple of weeks ago and I am still trying to get my feet back under me. I always feel embarrased by my mistakes like someone is going to read this and judge me in some way. I think that everyone makes mistakes, and I know I'm not alone, but it feels very different when you are standing there in the mirror going over your week. So the thing that I like about myself for this week? I'm very introspective. I can (most of the time) get to the bottom of an issue that I am having and solve my problem. I'm rational enough because of that to pick up the pieces after a meltdown. I'm also quite self aware (inside) and I'm conscious of my feelings and emotions. Now managing all of that... ha. I think this is something I got from my mother and my grandfather, who both share that trait. I think that fits the mood of this blog right now! My goodness Ruby, pick yourself up already!

So I am posting the food log for today (Day 210), but I do have the logs for the 2 missed days. If anyone would like to see them I will post them!

Today:
1 veg burger: 2
1 arnolds sand: 1
2 cups steamed mixed veggies (corn incl): 5
1 serving cheese: 2
2 serving salsa: 1
1 serving rice crisps: 2
1 veg burger: 2
1 arnolds san: 1
1 yogurt: 2
3 1/2 oz roasted pork loin: 4
1 cup toasted almond rice pilaf: 6
1 cup steamed mixed veggies: 0
1/2 serving nutella: 3
1 serving jam: 1
1 sand thin: 1
1 serving ice cream: 2
35/41

Oh! I also went again to the gym today. I am consistantly doing an hour on the treadmill at 40-45 resistance. I've been increasing it a little when I feel comfortable. All of the calorie calculators tell me that every time I do an hour I am burning over a thousand calories. It also looks like I burn almost 500 calories on my circuit. I think thats amazing. Now to get it up to 5 days a week!

1 comment:

Retta said...

Overall, it sounds like you are doing fine! I liked how you put the Easter basket in perspective... how last year you would have devoured it all in 2 days. So, yes, there is progress!

Good job on those goals. And it really helps to be able to look inside honestly, and be able to get to the bottom of stuff.

I had to laugh when you said that was the hardest part, coming up with "like about myself" stuff each week... it's the hardest for me, too! LOL!

Loretta
=^..^=