The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Day 46

So today I got some good news. I called the union to ask if there was anything in my insurance about replacement glasses (you never know). I found out that my insurance has changed as of January 1st. I now get more money off each pair of glasses instead of a small percentage AND I am covered for a new pair every year. A friend loaned me the money needed (as I am very seriously broke) and they should be ready in the next 5 days. So that at least is taken care of. We are not generally this tight but the first quarter of the year is always so hard for us.

I went grocery shopping today with $28 to spend to get essentials ( we will be fine next week so no worries from you guys) and with in store sales, and coupons I managed to get $100 worth of groceries for $11. That kind of a shopping trip doesnt happen often and it lifted my mood. I know thats silly but it allowed me to feel positive which allowed me to straighten out my thoughts some.

So now I am sitting in my bathtub, taking a bubble bath (typing from my nook) and feeling a little relieved and renewed. Its bedtime I'm setting some goals for tomorrow. Positive ones that include the gym again finally. I havent been back this week.

I feel like some of the negatives have backed off this evening. I hope I can carry that feeling for a while.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! that is some impressive couponing!

Retta said...

I think that's great that you decided to call about the glasses with a positive attitude that it might be worth asking, and it turned out true!

Glad to hear things are easing up a tad. I hope that continues. :-)