The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 2

Today was grocery day! Grocery day is an all day extravaganza. We go every Monday and I spend every Sunday night preparing my lists and my coupons. I do a lot of couponing now. It helps us get more of what we need at a price we can afford. My all time favorite benefit of couponing though is being able to shop at a local grocery store every single week...and not Wal-Mart.

This week was a little different though. Oh, it took the same amount of time and planning and yes I used a lot of coupons but I also took the time to pick out a lot more fruits and vegetables for the week than I have been. I got 5lbs of grape fruit, 4 pounds of oranges, bananas, pears, and red grapes for the week. I also have a lot of frozen fruit for smoothies, and canned fruit (in juice) for cooking and cereal. I really like canned peaches on my Wheaties, just like my grandfather did. I also bought a bag of individually frozen tilapia fillets which is exciting because we are not a big fish family. I figured it was time to try new things.

I was so tired after grocery shopping, but I was smart! I wore my gym clothes to the grocery store. As soon as the car was unloaded I went to the the gym with my gym buddy - who was still waiting for me (more love). So since last Tuesday I have been to the gym 5 times. I think I am going to go every day this week except Friday and Saturday.

This weekend I have a sort of staff getaway for a convention I have been volunteering at for many years. A lot of the people there are pretty good friends and I am really looking forward to it. My husband even took the time off so that we could go early. Now, I wont be going to the gym, but there is a workout room in the hotel so I am taking my gym clothes (and so, incidentally is my workout buddy, we have a pact.) and I am going to try and at least get in the cardio on Friday and Saturday. At least Saturday, because I don't know what Fridays schedule will be like.

Oh! Last thing, my food today? It was awesome! Good night!

4 comments:

Retta said...

Yay! You planned ahead with the gym clothes... both times. :-)

Joy said...

You have a great support system in place. I know you will keep on task. Keep it up and stay focused!!

Carbie Girl said...

Woohoo.. check you out, rockin it out amazingly <3 Congrats!

karen@fitnessjourney said...

Hi, first visit (via Rettakat!) It sounds like you have a fire lit under you and lots of motivation right now. Best of luck with your journey.