The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 8

I am apparently so sick that I almost forgot to update this blog tonight! I don't have anything exciting to say, but I don't want to get out of the habit just because I am sick. As soon as I am better workouts will resume as normal and I will go to a Weight Watchers meeting. Before I would have worried that being sick and not going to the gym would have made people think that my heart wasn't in this, but this time I feel like what other people think doesn't matter as much as what I do. I am going to get back to it as soon as I can breathe.

Despite being sick my food was pretty good today. I had free breakfast at the hotel, Pho for lunch which I ate less than half of, and macaroni and cheese for dinner (which my friends sent over because I missed dinner with them because of being sick). So not as nutritious as it should have been, but I was good with portions and quantity.

I am taking antibiotics and Robitussin DM (cough syrup) currently. My throat doesn't hurt so much anymore but I have some chest or bronchial congestion, a wet cough and an off and on stuffy nose. When we came home from Comcon today I slept for 10 hours. I had no idea. I thought I was laying down to take a short nap before meeting friends for dinner but I guess the bottom finally dropped out! I had been going all weekend while being sick and I guess my body was letting me skate by and knew the party was finally over.

I'll be taking it easy for the next day or two and then I guess we will reevaluate.

No comments: