The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 5

I am kinda proud of myself today. When I got up this morning my throat hurt so much I couldn't talk, my left tonsil was swollen and *Uncle Freddy had come to visit. I didn't feel sick, but I did feel kinda weak and tired. Not feeling sick alarmed me a little that my abscess (having surgery on 2-2) might be raging again. So I called the pharmacy and had my antibiotics refilled (I figure either way, I'm good) and drank a lot of hot tea all day.

I ate sensibly, and I still went to the gym. I put on my big girl panties, picked up my gym buddies and went. My workout was lighter tonight, but it was still good. I know that I wont be able to go to the gym all of the time during *Slasher Week but when I can it feels really good.

Tomorrow begins the ComCon fun and I wont be home until Sunday night. However they have internet access there so I will be updating even if its just a line or two. I will probably not have a perfect eating weekend, I know that, but it doesn't have to be nuts either and keeping this blog updated keeps me straight.

Good night guys!

*If you are new or it has been a while: Telling people about Aunt Flo is awkward, and I love horror movies. Since my period is a lot like a horror movie (heavy, and not normal heavy either) I call it Slasher Week, and Uncle Freddy. It makes it funny and lightens the mood a bit.

1 comment:

Retta said...

I'm glad you had a lighter workout, since you need to heal. I hope you have a fun weekend!