The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day 139

Some of you have commented to me that I shouldn't give up and honestly I'm not worried about that at all right now. I'm not giving up. My posts have been coming late because I am having a lot of trouble sleeping, so I have been going to bed on time and trying to sleep when I can. I dont think it is serious or anything. I said I was retaining water so I started to go into over kill on my water intake which wakes me up to use the bathroom every 2 hours. I'm also sure that the stress of moving in a little over 4 weeks has a lot to do with it.

Just a little edit: I also dont want people to think I get to make excuses for why I gained weight. The fact of the matter is, I was retaining water. I'm not saying that this is the only reason for a 1.2lb gain. No, it wasnt. I didn't exercise enough and my eating was unbalanced. I was eating too many starches and not enough vegetables and I was certainly not drinking enough water. Retaining water is a huge side effect of a bad diet for me, and has been since I was 16 (the first time I was told I had high blood pressure, which I no longer do). I can usually tell when I am doing well because I don't wake up swollen. Water retention is a check point for me that reminds me that I'm wavering on the wrong side of the road.

Something that I have learned from reading everyone's blogs is that no one walks this journey the exact same way. One person may low carb it while another does calorie counting, another may just do portion control and exercise. We all do it differently, but we all manage to experience some of the same troubles. Don't let someone else get you down based on a mistake you make or an off day or even week. Stick with it and be honest and good to yourself. You are the only one you need to prove anything to. I'm trying to practice these things myself.

In any case the posts this week might be a little short until Friday, when hopefully things will get back to normal.

Today:
1 1/2 cups bran flakes: 4
1 cup skim milk: 2
5 oz spaghetti: 4
1 1/8 cups pasta sauce: 4
3 cups sauted broccoli with spicy sauce: 5
1 sandwich thin: 1
1 veggie burger: 2
1 yogurt: 2
1 cup rotini: 4
1 cup 2 point chili: 2
1 serving cheese: 2
1 serving ice cream: 3
1 serving crackers: 2
1 cup rotini: 4
1 cup 2 pt chili: 2
43/43

The chili is heavily laden with vegetables, and was terribly good. I am going to have to make it again and post the recipe.

3 comments:

Retta said...

You are so right! Even though we have struggles in common, HOW we do our journey must be individualized.

I have huge swings in water retention, too. It sure can be frustrating, but I just keep reminding myself that's just a temporary thing. I really don't care about losing water, I care about "fat loss". I wish they would invent an accurate scale that didn't count the water, LOL!
Take care, and don't feel pressured to post or perform, just do what YOU need to do to be successful. :-)
Loretta
=^..^=

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hate those every 2 hour restroom breaks, especially when I'm asleep.

financecupcake said...

You made some great points in this post.

I love that you share how you sepnt you're points. I'm always amazed by the variety you get!