The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Friday, January 29, 2010

Day 142



The picture of me with the other girl is from New Orleans earlier this year. I can get the same scale of course, but this is one of the most embarrassing pictures of myself that I have. Yeah, I was happy in the moment, but just looking at this picture makes me want to cry. The first and second pictures are from tonight. I still have so far to go, and to be fair to myself I have nice big boobs which always make the effect of weight loss less dramatic from the front, but even I feel like there is a difference here. The thing is, when I was in NOLA I wasn't sure what I weighed. It could have been more than 417.8, but this is the most tell tale photo of myself that I have. There are more from that day and if anyone wants to see them I can show them, I just didn't want to crowd the page.

I accomplished some things this week so far. I have been eating better, and getting in a lot more water. I also started measuring my food out again, I think this in particular is going to be a big thing. I'm sure I was over estimating my portions. The veggies are a small issue right now as well are at the end of our groceries. I go out shopping once a week on Sunday after my meeting. Today though, I finally made it to the gym, and I did an hour on the tread mill, for 2.63 miles. No circuit today, but I might be able to do two days back to back, or just tomorrow and then Monday and so on as usual. My intention is to get completely back on track within the next week.

Now, this is just speculation, because my scale is so temperamental, but today when I stepped on it (and I know I shouldn't, I should ALWAYS wait for Sunday, but I was so curious.) and it said 355...which is 6 pounds less than I was on Sunday. This is not to say I will be 355 on Sunday. I was topless when I weighed myself this morning so I'm sure its off anyway but its a little boost filled with hope. Honestly? I needed that.

So yeah, onto today and food. We are coming down to the end of our groceries (and I am finally out of frozen meals YAY) and no one cooked tonight so I had a very boring food day with not enough veggies. I was also out of the house (at karaoke) from 8 until 2am so my points are a touch short. I'm okay with that though. I'd rather be under points than under the weight of bar food.

Today:
1 cup bran flakes: 2
1/2 cup skim: 1
1/2 banana: 1
1 yogurt: 2
4oz spaghetti: 3
1/2 cup sauce: 2
1 veggie burger: 2
1 serving crackers: 2
1 ww panini: 6
4oz spaghetti: 3
1/2 cup sauce: 2
1 serving ff cheddar: 1
2 eggs: 5 (extra point for extra serving)
2 slices lunch meat: 1
1 arnolds sandwich thin: 1
34/43

2 comments:

Retta said...

That was a smart choice, avoiding the bar food. Is it possible to throw some raw almonds into a baggie and take them?? They won't give you that sodium that the bar peanuts would, which we all know what THAT does to a weigh in!

About the photos... I enlarged each one and zeroed in on the face... and there was quite the difference!! For those of us who started higher, it is hard sometimes to be patient to see the changes. But I see it in your pics already. I hope it's encouraging to you. :-)
Loretta
=^..^=

Anonymous said...

I can definitely see a difference in the pics.
Karoke is so much fun...lucky you!