The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 141

So upon examination I have discovered several things. 1. I have been falling back into the anti gym rut. I start feeling tired and unmotivated and then I feel so pressured and BAM...I'm doing all of the wrong things again. 2. My trainer at the gym has been "let go" in a seemingly unfair situation. 3. I am taking my butt back to the gym tomorrow come hell or high water. Honestly I need a kick in the pants. I'm feeling terribly dispassionate about everything right now. The only thing I am determined about is not quitting. I said I was going to think about things and really I have.

I'm not measuring my food as well as I was, and I wasn't tracking as well either, which meant I was forgetting things and over eating. I have a tendency to sleep too much when I start feeling this way making my days start later...so I tend to try and pack in all of my points over a shorter period of time. I am not making it to the gym enough. 4 days a week minimum is what I should be getting. This week I am only going to get 3 (Thurs, Fri, Sat) because it has taken me this long to stop feeling sorry for myself. It is definitely time to get back to basics. I need to remember the things I discovered as I was learning this diet because I have definitely fallen away from them. This is all so internal though, so I still need to get myself physically up and out of the house tomorrow. No one can do this for me, I have to do it myself. Without that, I'll never make it.

What do you guys do when you are struggling? What finally gets you going again? I feel doubt in every choice I am making right now.

So far I know I need to A) Get back to tracking, seriously. B) Measure everything. C) Make my schedule more important. I need to space my food out so that I don't have 20 points left at midnight. D) Get back to the no eating after 2 am rule. And E) Get back to moving every day.

I don't want to fail here. I am pretty sure I can't fail here. I have so much to lose (and I am not talking pounds)!

Today (so far):
1 cup bran flakes: 2
1 banana: 2
1/2 cup skim milk: 1
1 serving/ 1 oz baked chips: 3
1 serving baked ziti (vegetarian): 7
1 cup chili: 2
1 serving asian chicken and rice (frozen): 4
edited added in food:
1 serving crackers: 2
4 oz fit active pasta: 3!
1 serving chicken caccatoire: 4
2 servings low fat grated parm: 1
2 slices low calorie bread: 2
1 orange: 1
1 bag popcorn: 5
39/43

I am making a light and veggie filled chicken caccatoire for dinner over whole wheat pasta. I think tomorrows post will be a thousand times more positive. You know how I know? I always feel better once I get moving. Always.

3 comments:

Retta said...

Identifying what needs tweaking is half the battle right there! Your self-honesty will serve you well.

I think it's normal to have some doubts about the changes, wondering if they are right or not. But you KNOW you need a slight course correction to get back on the right road. And you are honest with yourself, and that can only help find what's right for you.

You might still need to make further tweaks, but you will get there. Some times it's just trial and error to find what works for YOU. As long as you don't quit, you WILL make it.

And you have already said you will not quit... therefore... you WILL make it. Done deal.
Loretta
=^..^=

G said...

man, everyones having a tough time right now.

Try changing your circuit at the gym, do something new!

Patsy said...

It's easy to get out of the habit of going to the gym, but I've found I only have to force myself to do it once (after I've had a break from it) and I soon realise how much better and more energetic I feel for it, which keeps me motivated to keep working out. :o)