The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Day 88

Today was again, so much better than Wednesday and before. I didn't have a car, and my mom who usually goes with me was out of town so I didn't go to the gym. I did however exercise. I walked 2 miles tonight in under an hour, and half of it was uphill. I am so incredibly proud of myself right now. I did so well! Tomorrow night I will try to do something more. I haven't used the weight bench yet, it sort of intimidates me*. I'm not too worried, I should be getting back to the gym and the weight circuit when my mom is back, on Wednesday. Until then I feel pretty good about what I am accomplishing. I weigh 374lbs and I walked 2 miles uphill, flat, and down hill, in under an hour. I think I might call that an NSV because honestly 6 months ago I'd have flat outf said no to a walk like that and whats more...I wouldn't have made it.

Something I do think that I need to get under control though are my eating habits. Not my points. I stay within my points so I'm not actually doing anything wrong. I don't eat enough during the day and end up having too many points at night after dinner. Now, this hasn't really been a forever problem, mostly in the last week or so, and I just haven't taken steps to correct it yet. So starting tomorrow I'm going to try and get more points in during the day. Normally I eat 5 or 6 times a day, recently I have been eating 3 or 4 times a day. I'm also going to get back to eating oatmeal or something more breakfasty in the mornings. I'm still good on the rest of my rules. I don't eat after 2am, and I don't eat after 11 on Saturdays etc.

All of that being said I am not looking forward to Sunday's weigh in. I know, I never am. I feel like I haven't been as diligent about my points this week. I don't feel that I have gone over or past my points, but I have this feeling I'm going to see one of three things: a slight loss, a maintain, or a gain. Ah well, no one goes though life without any lemons.

*Just a clarification: When I say that the weight bench intimidates me I only mean that I'm not quite sure how to utilize it. I lift weights all of the time at the gym but using the weight machines and not free weights. The weight bench in my basement is all free weights. No worries!

Today:
1 can soup: 5
2 thin slices light american cheese: 2
1 serving cheddar rice cakes: 2
1 bag frozen mixed veggies(this is how I have been getting in my veggies this week!): 0
1/2 of an orange: 1
1 serving soy sauce: 1
1 serving black bean sauce: 1
1 1/2 cups brown rice: 6
HUGE serving spinach: 0
1 serving fat free cheese: 1
1 serving salad topper: 1
1 serving light ranch: 2
1 ww quesadilla: 4
1/3 cup ww cheese: 2
1 baked potato (large): 7
2 slices light american cheese: 2
1 cup light chili: 4
1 ww frozen meal: 4
Total for the Day: 44/44 & 1/35

Again, way, way too much cheese. Gotta lay off!

4 comments:

Patsy said...

PLEASE don't worry about using your weights bench and weights... I will pay you vast sums of money (maybe) if you work out with weights, don't touch steroids and STILL manage to bulk up with them! Honestly love, it ain't gonna happen unless you go at it like a loony all day!

Building sleek muscle on your bod WILL BURN FAT more effectively! Go for it! :o)

Find my way back said...

Well done for the walk.

I started my journey at 352 lbs and when I first started walking I could only manage ten minutes out and ten minutes back and I was exhausted. You are doing so well. Keep up the great work.

I agree with Patsy that you WILL Burn Fat more effectively and also when you start at the weight you started it helps to tone if you start at the start with the weights. You can do it without bulking up.

Good luck!!!

Scarlet Simple said...

Patsy I trust you! :) When I said I was intimidated by the weight bench I meant that I don't know how to use them. I always use the weight machines at the gym, never the free weights. Don't worry!

Tricia said...

Weights intimidate me too. :) (not because I'm worried about bulking up, just because....theyre "new" to me)

I'm new to your blog, but look forward to catching up. I have PCOS also,and I know how difficult it can make it to lose weight. Today I'm celebrating 113 pounds down. :)