The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 1


This is what a single cup of spaghetti with a half a cup of sauce and 5 meatballs looks like!

For real!

It took me almost a month to get here. I had a few hurdles to overcome. I've been in some severe back pain recently (now leg pain, it feels like the sciatic nerve) which has been eating away at my sleep, and our lives were pretty hectic, still are. I'm so excited right now. I always am when I first get started, and this time is worse. My WHOLE house is doing Weight Watchers. We cant afford the meetings yet, but a friend gave us all of the tools needed to get started including the points counters and books. My points added up to 48, but the book said if it was higher than 44 to keep it to 44, so 44 points for me! Its harder than it looks folks! Serving sizes have always been an issue for me, as well as eating when I have nothing better to do.

Today I ate at a sushi buffet. It was a grief meal. We had just put our dog Rev to sleep this morning (he had bone cancer and an infection and couldn't walk anymore...it was time.), and I had forgotten that we were starting today, so before I remembered I had eaten 17 points! Probably less actually, but I am over estimating to be safe. Later in the evening Nadine brought me home a chai bubble tea worth 5 more points, and for dinner I had spaghetti and meatballs worth a total of 15 points. I still have 7 points left! Not bad for a first day and screwing up right? Later, after Chad gets a little more downtime in he and I are going to take a walk. Despite how bad my leg feels right now I want to move (I told y0u...excited).

I need to work on my water intake (3 x 12oz glasses today) and lowering my diet soda intake, and I need to remember to take my vitamin everyday (and to have Chad take his). I also need to work on eating better through out the day. Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner! Not two meals! 3!

Today:
Sushi Buffet mishap: 17pts
Chai Bubble Tea: 5pts
1 cup cooked Spaghetti: 8pts
1/2 cup Sauce: 1pts
6 Meatballs: 6pts
no sugar added Rice pudding: 1pts
Total for the day: 38/44pts
Left: 6pts

Oh God, please carry me through this, I will try as hard as I can, but get me through when I'm weak. Please.

2 comments:

Rebekah Costello said...

How is it a mishap if you didn't go over your points? Sounds like it was a perfectly reasonable meal to me, but maybe I just don't understand ww's program. Seriously, though, don't be so cruel to yourself. Love yourself FIRST, the rest follows.

Scarlet Simple said...

I look at it as a mishap because I over ate...even if I didn't go over my points, I ate more than I should have.

I'm not upset about it. It was a nice food going away gift. :)