The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Friday, March 5, 2010

Awards Post #1

So since I have so much down time on my hands I figured I would fill in some places on my blog that I have been neglecting. First, the blog roll on the bottom right side of my blog. If you aren't there and you would like to be, I don't mind! Let me know. If I have been commenting on your blog, and you aren't there, no worries, I will be fixing that today! Second, I have been neglecting awards, and comments. Responding to comments is going to be a work in progress here, I want to make sure I respond more than I have been, but the volume is getting high! Please do not feel like I don't hear you. I do, and I appreciate your words!

This started out as 3 awards. I received a Creative Writing Award from both Lisa, and Esther (who I can not link as she no longer has a blog!). I'm sorry it has taken me so long to acknowledge these! I can no longer find the original posts! Its alright though, I think I can handle it.

The rules for the creative writer award are that you have to post 6 outrageous lies and 1 outrageous truth and then nominate 7 other blogs to receive this award. I guess people are supposed to guess at them?

1. I have more than 10 cats.
2. I have had the chicken pox twice.
3. I have been divorced.
4. I have an MA in political science.
5. I was a chess champion.
6. I have more than 10 dogs.
7. I have 3 middle names.

Then, recently, both my husband and I received a Sunshine Award from Skuttleboose! Thank you so much, its a very pretty award that lights up my little blog a bit!

"The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blogging world." The rules once this award is received are as follows:

1. Post the logo on blog.
2. Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers.
3. Link the nominees
4. Let nominees know they have won this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person you received this award from.

Well alright then! Again, there are so many of you who I believe deserve these awards! I have a very hard time nominating just a few from all of you, so if you dont have them already (and perhaps even if you do) I nominate you for these awards!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi :)
I'm soooorrryy..
When I was cleaning upo my blog engtries i deleted the nomination/award entry by mistake. sorry you couldn't find it.

I'm gonna guess that #7 is the truth..hehe but I'm also leaning toward #1
Can we guess twice?? haha

Have a great weekend..
Lisa

Scarlet Simple said...

Pshaww! Don't be sorry! I waited so long to get to these posted, so it is totally my fault!

Actually, I have two middle names. ;) So yes, number 1 is correct! It is also a long story involving irresponsible pet owners, a sick cat colony and me: a bleeding heart and soft touch.

You have a great weekend too!