The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 193

One line of TMI: I just took an active pill! The week of bad will in fact end!

Today was a little busy and a little sad. It was busy because I had so many errands to run, and it was sad because I decided to back out of a regular social appointment that I had been looking forward to. It isn't karaoke! No, but it was on Sundays at 4pm which is just bad timing for me. Sundays are weigh in days, and grocery shopping days for me. In fact most of the time I'm not even finished with grocery shopping until well after 4pm, and I am always overtired that day because I get up so much earlier than usual. We would be playing an ongoing game, which people needing to miss sessions for would be rather irritating and I don't want to be that person! I'm trying to lower my stress levels right? So I'm giving up this outing for quiet evenings home with my husband which I don't get enough of anyway. I was seriously giving myself another case of hives over disappointing people on this one, which was when I knew I needed to make this choice. So maybe not sad, bittersweet perhaps? I don't see my friends enough.

On the plus side though now that the week of bad is actually ending I feel really excited about getting back to exercising. Now that the weather is breaking some I could even go back to the track instead of doing all of my cardio on the treadmill! Being outside is much more interesting, but the workout is harder. I really need to get back to the grind! When I think about it I get this feeling like my body craves it. How nuts is that? A year ago I'd have said my body feared exercise!

Today:
1 cup cereal: 2
1/2 milk: 1
1/6 bubble up pizza casserole: 10
1 can soup: 7
1 arnolds sand thin: 1
1 serving cheese: 2
1 pudding cup: 1
1 serving spaghetti: 3
1 serving sauce: 1
1 100 calorie pretzel pack: 2
2nd serving pasta with sauce: 5
1/2 serving cheese: 1
1 arnolds sand thin: 1
37

I made an amazing (tasty and low point) pasta sauce (Cheat not exactly from scratch!! Semi homemade?) using:

1lb 93/7 ground turkey
2 cans Hunts (or other 1 point per 1/2 cup sauce)
1lb frozen pepper strips
1 cup canned drained mushrooms
30 oz canned diced tomatoes
1 large onion sliced thinly
Minced garlic
Any spices you love, I used salt, pepper, and red pepper as the pasta sauce already has seasoning in it.

Brown the turkey and onions together, add everything else and let it simmer for an hour or more.

My batch made 19 servings at 1/2 cup and 1 point a piece. Nice. Now I have a low point chunky tomato sauce for anything else I make next week!

No comments: