The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 176

Hello everybody! This is Chad, Ruby's husband, filling in for Ruby today. Why am I filling in for my lovely wife you may ask? It's because she is currently incapacitated due to extreme stress. Don't worry, she's doing better now but boy did she have a hard time of it yesterday let me tell you. It all started a couple of days ago, she had some pain due to an on again, off again headache but she felt that it wasn't anything to really be concerned about. However it all came to a head yesterday when she woke with nausea, an excruciating headache, and a rash covering her chest, upper arms, thighs, and part of her back.
So she has me call her doctor's office to schedule an appointment but they can't see her until 1:30 and I have to be to work at 1:00. I would have taken off but there was no one else to cover for me being that my co-worker had the day off. Fortunately Ruby's brother had off work and was willing to take her in. So I went on in to work but let them know that I would work the first half but had to leave afterward, which is when I came home to care for my wife (assisted by her Mother, thanks Mom) for the rest of the evening into today with plenty of sleep in between. As I said, she is starting to feel better and as I type this she has once again fallen asleep so hopefully she'll be well soon enough to update this space for all of you that follow her posts.
As far as food goes, she hardly ate anything yesterday and kept down even less:
1/2 cup mashed potatoes
1 1/2 serving sized cups of yogurt
Being sick sucks and of course she didn't make her daily allowance of "you-know-what's" (you can't use the "P" word in this space, can you?), but it looks like she's well on her way to getting better. Get well soon, honey.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

((HUGS))
Get well soon!

We miss ya...

Lisa

Ellen said...

How sweet of hubby to write a post! Getting sick and not eating is not an great way to lose weight, although you probably have. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Island Mama said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Rebecca said...

I hope you feel better soon! It's never fun to be sick! But at least you are getting to sleep some.

Scuttleboose said...

Hope you´re feeling better soon! And to husband - very nice and supportive of you to write a post!

Rebekah Costello said...

*squeezing gently* FEEL BETTER and for heaven's sakes, quit stressing! Everything is going to be OK!

Love you!

Retta said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you are having a tough time! Please don't hurry to get busy again, take care, and get lots of rest.
Hugs,
Loretta
=^..^=

Patsy said...

Hope you feel much better very soon... What a fantastic hubby you have!

Thinking of you.

Patsy x

Scuttleboose said...

To both Chad and Ruby, I enjoy reading Ruby's posts, and Chad's dedication to Ruby's success really motivated me! I received a sunshine award for my blog and I am passing it on to you!! :)