The Journey So Far...

The Journey So Far...

Friday, July 5, 2013

Day 2

Happy Independence Day! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday!

The picture above is from the fireworks I went to see tonight. We actually spent most of the day there. A bunch of good friends showed up and we talked and laughed and ate and watched the show. There was live music and five food trucks selling all sorts of very yummy things. The area filled up a whole lot at the day went on, but like I said, we were really early.
Chad got paid a little early so we went to the grocery store and filled the cooler (my ThirtyOne thermal bag) with ice and some healthier things at the grocery store in the way to the field. I wont actually grocery shop until Wednesday.
We bought a whole Subway turkey and cheese sandwich which Chad and I split, the rest of the cooler was sliced watermelon, fresh baby carrots, broccoli, and green pepper strips, vegetable french onion dip, a block of seriously sharp cheddar, and a pint of amish macaroni salad (which no one ate because we meant to grab potato salad but picked up macaroni salad by accident.). The only junk food we brought with us was cheese curls.

Usually we go to my aunts house for a huge family cook out, but this year that was canceled due to some family drama. I was disappointed but I have to say this...this year was so much better for my diet than the cookouts are. I have trouble every year at the family cook out. There is so much crap and I have a hard time not emotionally eating when I'm with my family. This year, we ate what we brought (and not all of that) and the only trip down to the food trucks was for some soft serve ice cream. It was nice, and knowing that I was doing well for the day I didn't feel guilty at all. When all was said and done I had 28 points left for the day after the fireworks. I came home and ate some creamy red pepper and tomato soup with smoked gouda and jasmine rice. I even threw on some croutons and a piece of corn on the cob. I have three points left and I'm not hungry.

The walk down to the field was easy. Chad dropped me off before he went to find a parking space, and the man never lets me carry anything, so I wandered slowly until I saw a spot I wanted to plant us for the coming hours. On the way back though I didn't want to wait for him to bring the car closer for me and honestly it just wasn't the far to the car, but it was all uphill.

It killed me. I mean by the time we got to the top of the hill I was panting so hard I couldn't speak. I walked to the car and Chad opened the doors and quickly turned on the air conditioning. I sat and breathed until it wasn't awful anymore. I might have cried for a minute or two. Chad told me that he would have brought the car for me, or waited for me or walked slower for me. I told him no, and that I just didn't want to be this way anymore. Over a longer course I would have slowed down, but damn it, this might have been a quarter of a mile. I did it and I didn't make anyone wait for me to catch my breath. I even offered (closer to the bottom of the hill) to take a camping chair to the top of the hill for a man who was using a cane and who had stopped for a moment to catch his breath. He told me that it was very nice, but that he was using it as a second cane.

I feel so freaking good about today.

Tomorrow should be a gym day, and I have to come to terms with not being able to do as much as before, and with the fact that I need to go alone because no one else really has my schedule.

I can do this.

1 Chick fil a char-grilled chicken sandwich
1 medium fruit cup
1 packet honey roasted bbq sauce
1/8 small milkshake (I took a taste, but WW wont let me count less than an 8th)
2 servings cheese curls
1 serving french onion dip
baby carrots (I think 6 but it might have been more)
broccoli florets
2 green pepper strips
1/2 inch cube of seriously sharp cheddar
Subway 6 inch sub: wheat, turkey breast, american cheese, light mayo, mustard, pickles, hots, lettuce and tomato, peppers
1 soft serve ice cream cone
1 medium corn on the cob
1 tbsp smart balance margarine
2 cups soup
1 cup rice
1 serving croutons

No comments: